CalAid Are Recruiting!
We’re VERY excited about our new role! We’re after someone pretty special, but we know you’re out there. Get in touch!
Finance and Communications Coordinator
Scope of Role
CalAid are seeking an experienced office manager or finance or communications officer to oversee CalAid’s financial, communications and administrative functions. The role comes with significant responsibility and an opportunity to shape and build the organisation as part of a small core team. The role will also be a part of the in-country team providing relief to refugees in Greece and beyond, and as such meeting the direct needs of refugees will be part of weekly responsibilities.
The day to day operations of the charity are overseen by a team leader, but there will be considerable autonomy and expectation of initiative in the role.
The post holder will be based with the CalAid team in Ioannina, Greece. Accommodation and a stipend are provided.
What experience and skills are we looking for?
- Experience in financial and/or communications operations in the charity, private or public sector
- Excellent administration skills, proven capacity to provide the good organisation that helps colleagues and the whole team achieve
- Excellent IT skills, used to getting more than most out of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, used to dealing with large spreadsheets and large amounts of data
- Experience in digital communications in a professional context, including maintaining a website, creating e-newsletters or social media management
- Confidence with online systems such as Office 365, Dropbox, Mailchimp, Hootsuite and Hightail
- Proven ability to write compellingly in English
What sort of person are we looking for?
- A confident approach and a quick learner
- A great deal of initiative, thrives in working under your own guidance and able to set your own targets
- Common sense and a commitment to teamwork and reaching common goals
- Preparedness to throw yourself into other elements of CalAid’s work as and when needed
- A commitment to afford dignity and respect to colleagues, partners and refugees at all times
A job description is available to download here, or on request. Deadline for submissions is 9am on Monday 27th March 2017. Role to commence as soon as possible. This role is for an initial 3 month period. A completed CalAid DBS check is a prerequisite for the post holder.
If you would like to apply, please send to email@example.com a CV and cover letter of no more than one page of A4 letting us know how you meet the role and person specification. Contact Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
CalAid’s aim is to meet the basic needs of refugees and displaced people through the provision of food, shelter and a reasonable quality of life. We do this through aid, grants and advocacy with particular focus on those who fall outside the established and formal support systems. CalAid’s current primary focus is on providing aid to all 13 refugee sites in the north western Epirus region of Greece. Here we provide non-food item aid, youth activities and social spaces. CalAid is playing an essential role in providing for thousands of refugees in Greece, and working with other agencies to improve relief efforts across the country.
CalAid operates under the auspices of an umbrella charity, Prism the Gift Fund (charity number 1099682).